Shutterstock is one of the most popular stock photo agencies in the world, and it’s a great way to make money if you’re a photographer or videographer. In 2023, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of success on Shutterstock.
- Upload high-quality images and videos. This is the most important factor in determining how well your content will sell. Make sure your photos are well-lit, in focus, and properly exposed. Your videos should be clear and free of any camera shake or other technical problems.
- Choose popular subjects. Shutterstock’s customers are looking for a wide variety of images and videos, but some subjects are more popular than others. Landscapes, cityscapes, and nature scenes are always in demand. You can also find success by uploading photos and videos of people, animals, food, and other everyday objects.
- Use relevant keywords. When you upload your content to Shutterstock, you’ll need to provide a list of keywords that describe your images and videos. This will help customers find your content when they’re searching for specific terms. Be sure to use keywords that are relevant to your content and that are likely to be used by potential buyers.
- Promote your content. Once you’ve uploaded your content to Shutterstock, you can promote it on social media, your website, and other online platforms. You can also join stock photo communities and forums to connect with other photographers and videographers.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of success on Shutterstock and start earning money from your photography and videography.
Here are some additional tips that can help you earn more money with Shutterstock:
- Upload regularly. The more content you have available, the more likely you are to sell something. Aim to upload at least a few new images or videos each week.
- Keep your content updated. If you have old images or videos that are no longer selling well, consider updating them with new information or making them more relevant to current trends.
- Collaborate with other photographers. Collaborating with other photographers can help you to reach a wider audience and sell more of your content. You can collaborate on projects, share tips and advice, and promote each other’s work.
- Take advantage of Shutterstock’s marketing tools. Shutterstock offers a variety of marketing tools that can help you to promote your content and reach more potential buyers. These tools include email marketing, social media marketing, and search engine optimization.
By following these tips, you can earn more money with Shutterstock and turn your passion for photography and videography into a profitable business.
- Experiment with different styles and genres. Don’t just stick to one type of photography or videography. Experiment with different styles and genres to see what you’re best at and what sells the best.
- Pay attention to trends. Keep an eye on current trends and try to capture them in your photography and videography. This will help you to reach a wider audience and sell more of your content.
- Be patient. It takes time to build a successful business on Shutterstock. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t start making a lot of money right away. Just keep uploading high-quality content, promoting your work, and networking with other photographers and videographers. With time and effort, you can achieve your goals.
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:
- Shutterstock Contributor Blog: This blog provides tips and advice for Shutterstock contributors.
- Shutterstock Contributor Forum: This forum is a great place to connect with other Shutterstock contributors and share ideas.
- Shutterstock Contributor Help Center: This help center provides answers to common questions about Shutterstock.
- Get feedback on your work. Once you’ve uploaded some content to Shutterstock, ask other photographers and videographers for feedback on your work. This can help you to identify areas where you can improve and make your content more marketable.
- Take workshops and classes. There are many workshops and classes available that can help you improve your photography and videography skills. These can help you to create better content that is more likely to sell.
- Join a stock photo community. There are many stock photo communities online where you can connect with other photographers and videographers. These communities can be a great source of support, advice, and collaboration opportunities.
By following these tips, you can improve your chances of success on Shutterstock and start earning more money from your photography and videography.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when working with Shutterstock:
- Shutterstock takes a 15% commission on all sales. This means that you will earn 85% of the sale price for each image or video that you sell.
- Shutterstock pays contributors on a monthly basis. Payments are made on the 15th of each month for sales that were made in the previous month.
- There is a minimum payout amount of $100. This means that you will not receive a payment until you have earned at least $100 in sales.
If you are interested in earning money with Shutterstock, I encourage you to sign up for an account and start uploading your content. With hard work and dedication, you can build a successful business on Shutterstock.